Re: Still baffled by choice of ethx

On 9/25/07, Timothy Murphy <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Any advice or suggestions gratefully received.

If I understand your problem, I've had to deal with the similar thing
in the past. When I have to deal with machines with multiple active
connections, I tend to peg each one to their respective MAC addresses
so that they don't wander around with kernel updates and such.

You can drop a HWADDR=<insert MAC here> line in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth* to do this. I have such a
line in my scripts now but I don't remember putting it there this time
so it might be automatically added now.

/Mike