Re: How best get rid of SEIinux

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 16:10:36 -0700, R A Jon Hamelin wrote:

> For those looking for a simplified, easy to follow explanation of
> SElinux, may I suggest "Red Hat Fedora Linux 2 Bible" by Christopher
> Negus , published by Wiley.  Part V : New Technology, Chapter 28
> Implementing Security Enhanced Linux. This was my first kick at the
> Linux can and even I understood this explanation.

A little googling shows two things. First that this is really a series, with a new volume for each release of Fedora; and that the volume for F7 is of course out, but not the one for F8 yet. With F8 due in November (last time I checked, a week or two ago iirc), and all the praises & assurance we've been getting specifically about SELinux in F8, I for one will wait for that, and then start looking.

	Many thanks for the tip! It may well be just exactly what I need.

-- Beartooth Staffwright, PhD, Neo-Redneck Linux Convert Remember I know precious little of what I am talking about.
Being from the school of hard knocks, I find that if I go back to the absolute beginning, I'm certain not to miss important info. I purchase a book on every version of Fedora that comes out, but some are by Wiley and some by Sams. My library card also unlocks a treasure of online books on the subject.

Jon

--
R A Jon Hamelin

Hamelin Graphics