Re: FC7: NFS Server

On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 11:59 -0700, Aldo Foot wrote:
> I wanted to configure an export in my newly installed FC7 box and
> found that there is
> no mountd and portmap in /etc/init.d.
> I launch 'pirut' and realized that when you install FC7 there is no
> NFS Server option
> under the Servers category. I do have nfs-utils installed.
>
> I saw nothing regarding this in the FC7 release notes or archives. Any
> comments?
----
this should help (FC6 - FC7 should be similar)

# which rpc.nfsd
/usr/sbin/rpc.nfsd

# which rpc.mountd
/usr/sbin/rpc.mountd

# ls -l /etc/init.d/mount
ls: /etc/init.d/mount: No such file or directory

# ls -l /etc/init.d/portmap
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1877 Jul 12  2006 /etc/init.d/portmap

# rpm -q --whatprovides /etc/init.d/portmap
portmap-4.0-65.2.2.1

# service nfs restart
Shutting down NFS mountd:                                  [  OK  ]
Shutting down NFS daemon:                                  [  OK  ]
Shutting down NFS quotas:                                  [  OK  ]
Shutting down NFS services:                                [  OK  ]
Starting NFS services:                                     [  OK  ]
Starting NFS quotas:                                       [  OK  ]
Starting NFS daemon:                                       [  OK  ]
Starting NFS mountd:                                       [  OK  ]

# service portmap restart
Stopping portmap:                                          [  OK  ]
Starting portmap:                                          [  OK  ]

--
Craig White <craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>