Re: sending ASCII file with mail command (Fedora : OK ; OpenSuse : problem)

Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I try to send an E-mail with the content of an ASCII file as the
> body. I do this with the following command mail -s subj
> joukj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx < licinfo.txt
>
> When I give the command on a Fedora (several versions tested) the
> E-mail is recieved with the expected text in the body. If I give the
> command on an OpenSuse 10.2 system An E-mail which is unreadable is
> recieved at the other end.

1. Are you sure the file (licinfo.txt) is _exactly_ the same on both
systems? (Try "file licinfo.txt" on both and compare the results.)

2. Are the locale settings the same on both systems?

3. Define unreadable. What _exactly_ is wrong with the email?

4. Perhaps the OpenSuse list would be a better place for this?

--
Mark Knoop