Re: Pointer to NUT config (for APC USB)?

On Monday 24 September 2007, Steve Snyder wrote:
>On Monday 24 September 2007 8:41:47 am Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Monday 24 September 2007, Steve Snyder wrote:
>> >Hello.
>> >
>> >Having just gotten a new APC UPS, I would like to configure NUT to
>> > read it's state via the USB connection.
>> >
>> >The presence of the UPS is recognized by the system, as shown by this
>> > line written to the system log:
>> >
>> >  hiddev96: USB HID v1.10 Device [American Power Conversion Back-UPS
>> > XS 1500 LCD FW:837.H5 .D USB] on usb-0000:00:0f.2-2
>> >
>> >So now I need the NUT daemon to monitor this connection and,
>> > apparently, configure the NUT client to query the daemon.  This is
>> > for a local system only, no web or network access to status is
>> > needed.
>> >
>> >Can someone point me to a description of how to set up NUT for this
>> >context?
>> >
>> >Thanks.
>>
>> Why don't you try apcupsd?  Its written to run with apc products.
>
>Because I didn't know such a thing existed.  I saw on APC's web page that
>they only had downloads for Windows, and assumed that NUT was my only
>option.
>
>Thanks for the info.

Sorry about that Steve, I should have included the link,
<http://apcupsd.sourceforge.net>
As this is AFAIK, independent to APC themselves, I doubt there would be a link
to it on the APC pages.  They are however, apparently a hell of a lot
friendlier to linux users than Belkin.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)