Re: Wireless Access Point

On Mon, 2007-09-24 at 12:05 -0600, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
>     Is it possible, using 1 device, to have two separate networks to
> connect to?  We're trying to setup a network where a client can come in,
> connect to an open network and see a network drive to copy files into.
> However, that network will only allow them to do that, nothing else -
> they can't get onto the internet, they can't get onto the rest of the
> network or anything else.
>
>     At the same time, we want out employees to be able to connect, and
> by providing a password they CAN get to everything and have outside
> access to the internet.
>
>     Is this possible with just a single wireless access point, or do I
> need to setup two different ones?  Using a Linksys WAP54G device.
----
generally the preferred method is to require a VPN to connect the LAN
through a wireless system given the security implications of wireless.

that notwithstanding though, if you use a dhcp server OTHER than the
Linksys device, you can assign a useless gateway address to specific
clients which in effect would not allow them to get to any network other
than the network which they can directly access.

--
Craig White <craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>