Re: How best get rid of SELinux?

Beartooth wrote:

Well, I tried both again -- and they're still geek to me. I feel like a kid doing well in high school geometry who has picked up a third- year college calculus text, and found himself being told to derive all the formulae in Peirce's Tables. Yaaa, shuuure ...

I don't think you actually read the FAQ at http://docs.fedoraproject.org/selinux-faq-fc5/ to a good extend since it already answers this but I will explain again.

Go to System => Administration => Firewall and SELinux. Enter your root password. Go to the third tab labeled SELinux, change the SELinux setting from Permissive to Enforcing and reboot the system.

If you want to do the same from the command line

edit /etc/sysconfig/selinux and change SELINUX=permissive to enforcing

# touch /.autorelabel
# reboot

If you didn't understand anything about this process, ask.

Rahul