Re: Internet traffic and Azureus -

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007, Andy Green wrote:

In early days we had some plans where we allowed true unlimited, some
criminals (yes thats what they are since  99.9%R of p2p is illegal movie
d/l's) were on a 1.5 mb dsl connection exceeding 300 gigs a month, thats

Actually that is not the case in many countries, copyright infringement
at that low level is a civil issue, not a criminal one.  And if you look
at the suits that are filed, AFAIK they ALL complain at the upload
action, not the download.

in this country it is criminal so what it is in the U.S for isntance maters nothing to us, only what our laws say

It is because the ISPs do not invest in equipment to keep ahead of
consumer demand, for whatever reason the demand exists.  They find it
much easier to blame their customers than to invest as they should.

So.. you are saying we should offer these crims 300 gigs a month for 70 bucks? No fucking way! If they wont 300 gigs a month, they can have it, but they will be moved to a business plan and damn well pay for every MB, ISP's are NOT charities! someone has to pay for all that data.

--

Cheers
Res