RE: dial-up networking

Asif:
> I don't understand why it got connected
using Fedora 6 initially and then started saying "No Carrier" after
two weeks. And I don't understand why I can't connect to the Internet
using KPPP from Fedora 7. Would anybody help me please?

I'd bet that something got updated (a library, or whatever); the coder could have changed something, not expecting it to screw up a function (and can't test it on every type of hardware).