Re: Upgrade from FC4 to Fedora7 - pb with FTP

Francois wrote:
Later I tried to upload using my good old FTP client (gftp), a file on our server, but it failed. It stops once the first block is sent. GFTP tries, and tries and tries, but it fails. This was from my work, then I went back home and tried using my own computer with gftp again, and same result : failed. I tried to upload a file on another site of my provider where I hosted my own web site and it worked fine. No pb to use gftp and my computer.
It could be that the one ftp client is using passive versus active ftp. Depending on which, if the machine has it's firewall on, it might need to have the firewall conn track module for ftp loaded, not just the tcp port 21 open.

Or you could set gftp to use the other type of connection.

The log message from the bottom gftp window might help to work out what is going on.

DaveT.