Re: How best get rid of SELinux?

On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 05:44:20 -0600,
  Karl Larsen <k5di@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>    This whole thing reads to me that SELinux is the linux version of
> Norton or Avguard  to Windows. It will capture and keep the offending
> file from doing it's worst.

SELinux does not work like an anti virus program.

>    My friends with Windows cuss both software because it makes a mess
> out of doing normal things like installing new software.

SELinux in targeted mode won't cause many problems for installing software
as the new stuff is probably going to be running as unconfined unless
the software comes with its own SELinux policy, in which case it will
also likely work.

>    There are very few Linux users. There are millions of Windows users.
> A guy writing a virus will write it for Windows every time! Now days
> they are spending time in prison.

Very few virus writers have gone to prison. Writing malware is one of the safer
criminal activities.