Re: How best get rid of SELinux?

Karl Larsen wrote:
Craig White wrote:

this is one of the reasons it won't ever happen...

http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/06/15/red-hat-linux-gets-top-government-security-rating_1.html

feel free to keep posting your uninformed opinions though and I note
that this is clearly one circle where your opinions don't count.

Well I have as much right to my fully developed position on this list as you have your "gut feeling". I say it is not at all likely that a virus will be written for Linux. What do you say to that? You think it is possible so it needs to be fixed.

At least one "virus" has targeted UNIX like systems in the past.
I see no reason not to believe that will happen in the future.
Also, there are demonstrably mailicious websites which have PNGs
intended to break common browsers, even some used with Linux,
and exploit them.

Where I disagree with the supporters of SELinux is in the pervasive
approach it uses to fixing compromise on my desktop machine. My
preferred recovery is reload from backup. That has to be done
regardless of whether SELinux was active at the time the compromise
took place, and I see any potential added benefit from it is
being FAR less than the actual defects that having the code
on my machine introduces.

We have a half wit President in Bush and I can't get him out of office. I don't loose sleep or write 50 messages. I know what I can not change.

Even if it were true, I don't see what it has to do with this
discussion, and I'd prefer to keep individual politics out
of this exchange.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.