Re: bcm43xx and kernel-2.6.22.5-76.fc7

Martin Marques wrote:
Konstantin Svist wrote:
Tom Weniger wrote:

I have the same BCM chipset which works fine with the latest kernel
(-76). Have you tried to reconfigure wlan0? What does ifconfig output?

There is no wlan0; ifconfig -a does not list the wifi adapter
/var/log/messages only says "bcm43xx driver" when the module is inserted - and there are no further messages

Add "alias wlan0 bcm43xx" to /etc/modprobe.conf. Remove and insert again the driver with modprobe. Then check with ifconfig.

Booting into previous kernel (2.6.22.4-65):
a) using b43-fwcutter/b43 module combo: /var/log/messages complains about firmware being wrong (and tells me to go download the exact same file that I just used)
b) using bcm43xx-fwcutter/bcm43xx module: wlan does not show up
c) using bcm43xx-fwcutter/b43 module: wlan0 shows up and is usable!

None of the combinations work in the latest kernel (2.6.22.5-76) - in all cases wlan0 does not show up, even setting the alias as you mentioned

Is there any way to diagnose the problem? Nothing shows up in /var/log/messages at all when I'm using b43 (a lot of messages show up when doing same in previous kernel)

Thanks