Re: How best get rid of SELinux?

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 10:09:24 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:
[....]
> Before very much longer, I'm going to be forced to hop to another
> distro. Because I am familiar with "the RH way", I had considered
> CentOS. However, since RH insists on SELinux, I have pretty much
> discarded that idea.
>
> It is clear, from the discussions I have seen here, that RH is COMMITTED
> to SELinux, at least for the next few years, which decision I refuse to
> follow. I like control over what gets installed in my machine, and
> SELinux is not something I want. So, in order to get it off and keep it
> off, I regretfully am not going to use any further RH distros or
> derivatives, like CentOS, White Hat (is it dieing?) and Scientific
> Linux. C'est la vie.
[....]
	I must be missing something. The last few times I've done a
Fedora install, anaconda has given me three SELinux choices -- enforcing,
permissive, and disabled -- with a strongly worded recommendation against
the last. I've always chosen permissive, partly because I know I'm
nowhere near being able to cope with enforcing, and mainly because I have
no idea what I'd be up against with disabled.

	But I'm already planning to insist on disabled with F8 -- barring
any nasty surprises on my present #3 machine, where it's disabled now.

	So how much difference *is* there between disabled and not
installed?