Re: OT: Force Thunderbird NEVER to use HTML?

Tim wrote:
On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 21:43 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:

Is there a way to tell Thunderbird that I NEVER want to send
HTML mail?

Open the preferences.  Make the preferences window bigger as some things
don't fit, and you don't get a clear indication that only some things

I made it as big as would fit on my screen.

are showing.  Go over to the "composition" tab, and then the "general"

I have no "tabs". I do have a selection menu on the left, which
includes "composition".

sub-tab.  Then click on the "configure text format behaviour" "send

No tabs, nothing marked "general". It does have sections for

Forwarding, which can in "in-line" or "attachment",
Composing, which can enable things like spell checking
Address autocompletion, and
Send and HTML options... which leads to a means
to select domains for HTML vs TEXT, which is what I
asked about. I don't want to enter every domain in the
world.

options" button.  Chose the "convert message to plain text" option.

That *should* send all messages as text, unless you set something to be
able to receive HTML.

My version seems not to work like yours.

I'd write more about it, but Thunderbird won't let me compose
and look around at the same time.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.