Re: dvd burner

John wrote:
Carlos Alberto Alves wrote:
fedora wrote:

to copy a dvd/cd i do:

 dd if=/dev/scd0 of=/data/tmp/image.iso

be sure that /data/tmp has enough space for a dvd...

to create an iso image from many directory-trees:
genisoimage -o /data/tmp/image.iso directory-tree-1 ... directory-tree-n

tu burn (be root):

cdrecord -v /data/tmp/image.iso dev=/dev/cdrom

suomi

Why don't you give a try to XCDRoast??? I am also having many issues with K3b and GnomeBaker.
HTH,
 I just installed this and will give a try.
What I have is a couple of dvd's of relatives being interviewed (transfered from vhs, they were in their 90's when interviewed). I'd like to make copies of the dvd's for other family members.

              John

It's the only one working for me now in a FC6 box and a LG GSA-H20N writer.
;-)
* Carlos Alberto Alves                       *
* Child Neurologist                          *
* Systems Analyst/ASUS Certified Professional*
* Rio de Janeiro, Brazil                     *
* Skype: carlos-aa                           *
* mailto:drcaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx                *
* mailto:drcaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx             *