Re: How best get rid of SELinux?

Beartooth wrote:
I keep it set to -- supposedly -- NON-enforcing, because of the warning in the installer against eliminating it; but it keeps making all kinds of trouble, anyway. Can I just command "yum remove selinux"?

SELinux is not a "thing". It is a way of writing apps. Certain
apps must be "SELinux aware". Unfortunately, that makes
it like a source code virus, which invades everything on the
system. There is no way to remove it without either reverting
to an earlier version of the source, or getting copies of the
source and (if the developers were smart enough) recompiling
with some define changed (like #define SELINUX	0) or editing
out all the crap to get rid of it.

It's too bad that Red Hat has jumped on the SELinux bandwagon
so wholeheartedly. That is, it is for those of us who don't like
it, but want to use Red Hat products or projects.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.