Re: Samba/Swat Help

At 06:08 AM Thursday, 9/20/2007, you wrote -=>
1. Check to see if you have /etc/xinetd.d/swat - it should look like:

# default: off
# to configure your Samba server. To use SWAT, \
# connect to port 901 with your favorite web browser.
service swat
{
port = 901
socket_type = stream
wait = no
# only_from = 127.0.0.1
user = root
server = /usr/sbin/swat
log_on_failure += USERID
disable = no
}

2. Did you restart extended internet services? Check netstat to see
if the service is running:

$netstat -a | grep swat
tcp 0 0 *:swat *:* LISTEN

3. Point your browser to the proper port - in this case 901 - and
login as root.

Swat is installed, but netstat does not show anything. Should this not show up as part of the config services?

How do you know it's installed? Do you have the xinet.d/swat file? Do you have the swat executable installed in the right location specified in the xinet.d/swat file? ie: server = /usr/sbin/swat

Did you restart xinetd? If you did, then check the logs to see if it's starting or not.

Ed

Randomly Generated Quote (629 of 1270):
I'd rather see a sermon than hear one any day; I'd rather
one should walk with me than merely tell the way.
-Edgar Guest, poet (1881-1959)