Evolution And J-Pilot Now Not Working

Hello,

    I have a Palm Treo 680 that I am using in Fedora 7.  I am using a
sync cable to sync the device to an IBM T-30 ThinkPad.  Yes, I know,
many people have said that it is very difficult to do this through a USB
cable, but it had previously worked for me in Fedora Core 5 as well. I
had previously trolled around the internet to find a way to get them
working and they were working for a while.  Then all of a sudden,
Evolution can no longer sync changes with my Palm Treo.  About several
weeks later, J-Pilot can no longer sync with my Treo.  I have tried to
find out why this is the case, as I did not have these problems with I
was using Fedora Core 6.  Is this happening because of kernel updates?
Has anyone else had these problems?  It seems as if the only way to
resolve this problem is to completely reinstall the operating system,
which at this time, I am not willing to do.  Please help.