Re: FC7 problem udevd: udev_event_run: fork of child failed: cannot allocate memory spewing over and over again on the console.

Bruce Keats wrote:
Hi,
With the latest set of updates within FC7, I are now seeing this message on several systems. udevd[581]: udev_event_run: fork of child failed: cannot allocate memory The message occurs at boot just after udev starts. The message is repeatedly constantly and there does not appear to be any way out. Control-C doesn't do anything. The message keeps repeating without any end. We have seen this on different H/W platforms. One is a dell laptop. One is an server with dual Xeon with 4 gig RAM. RAM tests on all the H/W checkouts OK. All H/W was running FC7 OK before. All systems are running the latest kernel with all the lastest updates. This seems to have started in the last couple of days or so. I can't seem to find any way around it. Is anyone else encountering the same problem? Any ideas how to track down the cause? Any ideas on how to fix it or get around it to the systems up? Thanks,
Bruce

Hmm, first report. Haven't seen anything like that from other users. Was there a kernel update in the last days?