Re: Setting up a file server for a diskless X-Terminal

>> Another way to come at a "Diskless" machine nowadays is just to install
>> Fedora on a USB stick (2GB will do fine) and use a common network
>> filesystem.  That significantly reduces what is expected of the server
>> box down to just pushing files around on demand.

> This would depend on the age of the client machine.  A lot of older
> pentium, PII and PIII boxes only had USB 1.x interfaces which would be
> extremely slow, but most were capable of PXE booting and if they have a
> decent video card can be good thin clients.

True... probably worse for such a machine it probably won't have BIOS
support for USB flash drive boot anyway.  You would need a machine from
the last couple of years (which I guess is old enough they are starting
to get pensioned off at some places, anyway).

-Andy