Re: Running a dovecot IMAPS server

On Sun, 2007-09-16 at 16:02 +0200, Jos Vos wrote:
> Evolution *is* an IMAP client, so as long as you don't use "local"
> (that is, non-IMAP) folders, you don't need to bother about
> Evolution's own folders.

When you use Evolution as an IMAP client, if you create new folders
within an email account, it creates them on the IMAP server.  Messages
are moved about on the IMAP server, using Evolution as an interface.
Evolution also caches things in its own way, for its own purposes.  But
that's just a cache.

Evolution's "on this computer" section is its own internal scheme,
messages stored in there are only available to that instance of
Evolution.

Evolution's "search folders" are another thing, altogether.  They're
pseudo folders, they don't really contain messages.  They're just an
interface to using filters on other folders.

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.4-65.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.