Re: Gnome-panel grief in F7 -- REMEDY

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 20:04:39 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:
[...]
> Running in a terminal 'metacity --replace &' should make metacity stop
> compiz and run itself in the place of. To make this permanent for the
> next boot, you have to save the gnome session.

	Yesterday I finally got around to realizing I had overlooked that
suggestion, and tried it. Worked in a flash. Bless you!

	I keep my machines set to save every session, so it should be OK,
now, right? (I just wonder about when whatever it is happens that has
triggered the problem before. If/when it does, of course I'll repeat the
remedy -- and bless you again. But it would be nice to know why it was
happening, and that it couldn't again ...)

	Incidentally, I tried "yum remove compiz" on all three machines,
and not one mentioned removing anything else for dependencies; so I did
it. Seems as how that can only help ...