Re: F7: Enabling PC speaker

Tim Largy wrote:
> [Fedora 7.] I'm that guy who actually wants to *enable* the PC
> speaker. I have the pcspkr module loaded:
>
> [root@somebox ~]# lsmod | grep pcspkr
> pcspkr                  7168  0
>
> and I have the "Enable system beep" box checked in System ->
> Preferences -> Hardware -> Sound, however "echo -e '\a'" makes no
> sound in a gnome-terminal, an xterm, or the console (i.e. non-X). What
> else should I try? I know that the speaker on the PC works.
>
> Tim

Is the sound card on his system build into the motherboard? If so,
try enable the pc speaker setting in your mixer of choice, and make
sure it isn't muted. Some systems with built-in sound route the
speaker output through the sound card. (I have one - every thing
except the POST beeps goes through the sound card.

Mikkel