Joystick and sound under Fast-User-Switching

Fast user switching in F7 is great, but I am having a couple of problems with it.

- USB joysticks seems to get grabbed with a MODE of 0600 by the first user who logs in. The udev rules say the mode should be 0644 and when I change the udev rules to 0666 it has no effect. Is there something in GNOME changing the owner and permissions? What is the correct way to deal with this? As it stands now, only the first person logged in gets access, even when I hot plug in/out.

- I have a similar experience with sound such that sound only works for the first user logged in. Is there a way to get sound to work for other users logged in?

Thanks,
Lane Brooks