Re: Recent yum update: nedit 'text copy' causes segmentation fault

Max Pyziur wrote:
On Fri, 14 Sep 2007, Aaron Konstam wrote:

On Fri, 2007-09-14 at 00:35 -0700, Rob wrote:

Hi,

This must be a yum update from the last week or so.

When I open nedit editor, and I mark an area with the mouse,
then whenever I want to copy the text (either via the regular
menu, or with the right-mouse-click menu), nedit gets a
segmentation fault and explodes!!

Any idea what is the cause of this?
Clipboard problems?

Regards,
Rob.

But why use nedit when there are so many orher choices, vi, gedit,
kedit, etc.

Nice syntax highlighting? Relatively lightweight? Emulates WinDoze text editors? Old habits?

Max
pyz@xxxxxxxxx

Jedit will be familiar to Cedit users.

ALL of the editors mentioned fit your criteria. Lightweight, great highlighting, and fairly standard controls.