Re: how to disable wireless during startup

On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 15:55 -0700, Globe Trotter wrote:
> Look up system-config-network and uncheck the box which says activate
> at
> startup (or something like that).
>
> HTH,
> Trotter
>

> --- Charles Li <cli168@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to disable wireless probing during
> > startup?  It seems like fedora was not able to access
> > the wireless card on my laptop, and every boot up it
> > takes a long to while looking up the wireless
> > connection.  Thanks.

The above advice makes sense except I have my wireless connection
configured to start at boot but it does not. At least when I use
NetworkManager it does not, I think you may be using the network script
and should be to using NetworkManager and NetworkManagerDispatcher
scripts. These are init.d scripts.

It makes no sense for your wireless to connect on boot since that will
prevent you from choosing the correct AP connection to attach to if you
move the machine around.
Trouble always comes at the wrong time.