Re: WSJ: Mossberg takes the Linux bait and snarls ....

On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 17:09 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 13:06:51 -0400
> "Lamar Owen" <lowen@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I agree 100% with one of his beefs.  Laptop touchpad sensitivity.
> When I'm
> > typing (and as I touch-type around 50 wpm, the keyboard is really a
> humming)
> > often the cursor will jump to where the i-beam for the mouse is;
> ooops, left
> > click.  But I didn't touch the touchpad.  Aggravating as all get
> out.  (And
> > if someone knows a way to turn that down, please let me know, as
> I've not run
> > across the setting yet).

It seems to me that Mossberg has identified a terrific business
oportunity. Someone for $50-$100 will configure all the things he feels
currently are obscure to configure. It only has to be configured once
and then mass copied.
It's very inconvenient to be mortal -- you never know when everything
may suddenly stop happening.