Re: Automatically partitioning hard drives - Kickstart?

Charles Curley wrote:
On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 09:45:41AM +1000, Langdon Stevenson wrote:
Hi

Can anyone suggest an easy way to repetitively partition a standard drive set with a standard partition layout?

I'm not sure if you want just a partition layout or a partition layout
and file systems laid down in the new partitions.

If all you want is a partition layout, use sfdisk with output to a
file. Then use a rescue disty like Finnix to play the file back on new
drives. Then you get to install a file system.

Better yet, look at
http://www.charlescurley.com/Linux-Complete-Backup-and-Recovery-HOWTO.html. You
don't need the whole kazoo. I think all you need is the script
make.fdisk. You will need the install script, which builds some
directories for you. Run make.fdisk on a known good system, save the
resulting scripts and files, and run them on the targets. Those
scripts will also lay down file systems for you.

Hi Charles. Thanks for the reply. You have a very interesting resource there. Will keep me busy reading and testing over the weekend I expect.

Regards,
Langdon