Re: [Fedora] Re: This list blocked by comcast? [Was: How does one unsubscribe and subscribe to this list?]

Les wrote:
Talking with comcast security, they tell me the sender has to inform them to have themselves removed from the blocking list. Has anyone seen this before? How does one get redhat to investigate?

Philip
You are paying the bills.  I think a gentle reminder to that tech about
customer vs service issues might help, along with informing comcast that
you can vote with your feet.

Regards,
Les
FYI, this IS a Comcast problem. They just like to point a finger at others so they don't have to deal with their own badly configured servers. I can not send an e-mail from my Comcast account to my work address. It always fails with some obscure SMTP error. And yet, everyone in the world can e-mail me just fine at my work address (except for the occasional spam rejection of course). When I told Comcast that I will simply refuse to use their system, things automagically started working...for about 12 hours, then it got blocked again. I called again and this time I was told, there's nothing they can do, it's the "external" server (meaning mine) that's blocking them. I told them I, and only I have total control over that "external" server and even opening it wide open for the world, e-mails from Comcast never arrives to it. Yeah, it never even HITS the server, let alone get bounced. Their own internal MTA will bounce the message even before it hits ours. They were supposed to go look into the problem and call me back. This was a year and a half ago.... I'm still waiting for a phone call...

I can't begin to imagine how many users on Comcast e-mail system even know they're not getting (certain) e-mails. But, that's okay, after all they can't send anything out anyway. Heh!

   -- A

--
H | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
 Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley@xxxxxxxxxx>   .   303.442.6410 x130