Re: Does anyone have maxima working on Fedora Core 6?

On 9/14/07, Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I fire up xmaxima and the startup hangs.  It asks Starting Maxima timed out.
>  Wait longer?

Have a look at the first item on this page:
http://maxima.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Run-time%20problems

I know, it says it's a Windows problem, but it resembles yours, and it
looks like a problem that can happen on Linux. Perhaps a mail to the
maxima list (http://maxima.sourceforge.net/maximalist.html) may lead
to a quick fix.

Andras