Re: hard disk problem

But since the drive is Serial-ATA i think it should support UDMA-6.When I enable "SATA as RAID" hdparm shows UDMA-6 but sets the drive to run in UDMA5.
I get an error on running the command hdparm -X70 /dev/sda which sets UDMA6.

On 9/13/07, Mikkel L. Ellertson <mikkel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Rohan Kulkarni wrote:
> In my BIOS,I have only 2 options for hard disks..enable SATA as RAID or
> enable SATA as IDE.By default it has selected "enable SATA as IDE".But
> UDMA is set to UDMA5 by default and not UDMA6.I have to manually set it
> to UDMA6 but still hdparm shows it as UDMA5.Do I need a reinstall of F7
> with UDMA6 set????

A re-install is not going to make a difference. The first thing I
would do is look at the specifications of your drive to make sure it
supports UDMA6. Just because the controller supports it, does not
mean the drive supports it. The output of hdparm suggests that it
doesn't.

Mikkel
--

A:  Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.