Re: Suspend on Inspiron 9400 not working?

On 9/12/07, Stanczak Group <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> After the last kernel my suspend is not working. How can I start to
> figure out why? What happens is the system suspends, but why I open the
> lid it lights up like it's starting, but the screen stays blank. Moving
> mouse or hitting keys does not display login for screen saver. I've not
> tried without screen saver yet, so I'll try that now and report back if
> it works.

I would start by looking at your logs in /var/log
Specifically: 'messages' and 'pm-suspend.log'

Next I would read:
http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/quirk/index.html
(the site seems to be down now, so you can wait till it comes back up
or use google cache).

-Mauriat