Re: sandisk sansa m240

On Sat, 2007-09-08 at 17:20 -0400, Todd Zullinger wrote:

> It looks like the playlist parser is expecting an extended m3u format.
> Instead of blank lines, a typical playlist would look like:
>
> #EXTM3U
> #EXTINF:111,3rd Bass - Al z A-B-Cee z
> mp3/3rd Bass/3rd bass - Al z A-B-Cee z.mp3
> #EXTINF:462,Apoptygma Berzerk - Kathy´s song (VNV Nation rmx)
> mp3/Apoptygma Berzerk/Apoptygma Berzerk - Kathy's Song (Victoria Mix by VNV Nation).mp3
> #EXTINF:394,Apoptygma Berzerk - Kathy's Song
> mp3/Apoptygma Berzerk/Apoptygma Berzerk - Kathy's Song.mp3
> #EXTINF:307,Apoptygma Bezerk - Starsign
> mp3/Apoptygma Berzerk/Apoptygma Berzerk - Starsign.mp3
> #EXTINF:282,Various_Artists - Butthole Surfers: They Came In
> mp3/Butthole_Surfers-They_Came_In.mp3
>
> This is take right from the extended m3u format page at:
>
> http://hanna.pyxidis.org/tech/m3u.html

Unfortunately no - they want the first line after the #EXTM3U to be the
name of the file.

I've got it figured out for my revision of the device - the .m3u file
MUST be in the directory containing the files it refers to. If it is in
the top level directory then it can only refer to songs in the top level
directory, and not any sub directories. It also freezes the player if
too long (IE with 160 song - about what the player holds - it freezes).

So I made 4 sub directories with no more than 50 songs each - and each
sub directory has its own playlist that must be in the sub directory -
and it works.

It might work with all files in the top directory if the playlist is
shorter than all songs, I haven't tried that yet.

But it seems the playlist behaviour on my device is different from other
peoples devices - like Sansa changed something.