Re: Dual-booting F7 and WinXP on separate harddisks

:

> >> [...]
> >> title XPPro
> >>        rootnoverify (hd1,0)
> >>        map (hd0) (hd1)
> >>        map (hd1) (hd0)
> >>        makeactive
> >>        chainloader +1
> >
> > The makeactive sets that partition as a bootable one.  Some OSs
won't
> > boot from a partition unless it's flagged as being bootable.
> >
> > It seems odd, to me, that you've got remapping commands *after* the
> > rootnoverify command.
> >
> If you put it after the remapping commands, would you have to change
> the drive used from hd1,0 to hd0,0, or does GRUB pay any attention
> to the remapping commands when executing its own commands? I have
> looked in the info pages for GRUB, and I have not found it. I
> suspect that the order of the commands does not matter...
>
> Mikkel
> --

That drive (formerly hd0) was bootable for WinXP before I moved it to
hd1 and put a new drive in as hd0.  So...grub got it to boot without the
'makeactive' directive.

Dave McGuffey
Principal Information System Security Engineer // NSA-IEM, NSA-IAM
SAIC, IISBU, Columbia, MD