Re: Fedora 7 telnet-server problem

Thanks for all the replies, I learned something new about telnet from it all. Somehow my hosts file got automatically written differently on the third machine. I usually don't even pay attention to that file, because I never had it get written wrong during the install process before, and I go straight to setting up DNS on the machine. I do have 3 network cards in the machine (the same with the other two that worked), but I'll try Ric's suggestion to just put the localhost name on the first line, and my selected machine name on a line with the Ethernet IP addresses, to see if that works as well.

Dan

--
SCANNED for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner.