FC6 system-config-securitylevel port 631 accept

Why does the security program always leave UDP/TCP port 631 at accept? I know the port is typically used for printing (CUPS). But why is it left open? It seems it should be put behind the firewall, then if someone wants to, they can open it up.

Specifically referring to Fedora6 install and the system-config-securitylevel and the gui app that works with it.

Can I assume the logic is that this is a simple user interface so individual users on a home network can enable the firewall and still share printers by default?