Re: NetworkManager, wlan0 doesn't come up by default

On Mon, 2007-09-10 at 17:48 -0300, Martin Marques wrote:
> Aaron Konstam escribió:
> > There is something wrong with your description of the problem. Do you
> > want the wireless connection to auto start at boot. That is not the
> > NetworkManager model. In NM you use nm-applet to connect to your
> > wireless AP.
>
> I'm using knetworkmanager.
>
> The problem is that I don't see the posible wireless AP to connect to,

There is a little confusion in your statement. Seeing the possible APs
has nothing to do with wlan0 being up. On the contrary wlan0 should not
be up when you are looking foe APs.

Again let us me clear. NM does not support two interfaces being up at
the same time. So your wlan0 not being up is normal if your eth0
interface is active, nm-applet switches the active connection.

However, I have never used knetworkmanager so I can't comment on how it
works.

If life is merely a joke, the question still remains: for whose
amusement?