Re: Minimum services

John Wendel wrote:
Martin Hooper wrote:
What are the minimum services that you need to load up at boot?

Need a list so I can speed up my booting somewhat as it seems to me
that there are a load of stuff starting at boot that I really don't
need.

As others have pointed out, it depends.

Here's my list of services. It works (mostly), I doubt that it can get any shorter (unless you don't have a network, or use network manager).

messagebus      0:off   1:off   2:off   3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off
network         0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off
xfs             0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off

Regards,

John

If you want a short word of what every boot item is in a terminal type $dmesq and you will see the list of everything that is booted or turned off or on. From this the man pages should help learning what it does.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User