Re: Minimum services

>On 9/10/07, Martin Hooper <martin.hooper@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What are the minimum services that you need to load up at boot?
>
> Need a list so I can speed up my booting somewhat as it seems to me
> that there are a load of stuff starting at boot that I really don't
> need.
>
> --
> Martin Hooper
> http://www.martinjh.myby.co.uk

Although I can't answer your question, I can point you in the right direction:

Article on how to boot Fedora in under 25 seconds
http://www.improvedsource.com/view.php/linux-system/2/
& this one for the challenge
http://www.improvedsource.com/view.php/Linux-System/3/

Article from IBM on improving Linux boot times
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-boot.html

And here's a tool to map out your boot process and where the lags may be:
http://www.bootchart.org/

Hope this helps,

Jacques B.