Re: Fedora philosophy (was ATI video comes out of the closet)

Kelly wrote:
On Sunday, September 9, 2007 7:37:33 pm Les Mikesell wrote:
Which, I suppose, made the Ubuntu distribution or something like it
inevitable as most people have little use for a software testbed and
predictably decide not to take fedora.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx

Um, I find this greatly amusing considering why Ubuntu was created; because people were complaining that Debian wasn't bleeding-edge ENOUGH.

There's nothing funny about it. They were right - Debian usually lags even farther behind current work than RHEL and is much less predictable about how long you'll have to put up with it before its next release.
It's not something I'd want on my desktop.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx