Re: Fedora 7 Chroot Jail

Heddings, Jason wrote:
I'd like to set up a chroot jail using the F7 installer.  Is this
possible?
Specifically, I'd like to have the ability to create a minimal
development environment using the F7 distro.  I'm hoping to even have
the ability to set it up using anaconda or similar.  My practice to date
has been using linuxfromscratch.com to build the environment from
source, but I'd much rather just use an existing distro.
Apologies if this is a well-known issue, I'm a bit new to the chroot
command and Google didn't turn anything up.
Jason Heddings
Firmware Engineer
Imaging Systems, Pelco

Check out mock for building in a chroot.

 rpm -q --info mock
Name        : mock                         Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 0.7.6                             Vendor: Fedora Project
Release : 1.fc8 Build Date: Mon 27 Aug 2007 01:38:46 PM EDT Install Date: Fri 07 Sep 2007 09:10:10 PM EDT Build Host: xenbuilder2.fedora.redhat.com Group : Development/Tools Source RPM: mock-0.7.6-1.fc8.src.rpm
Size        : 96358                            License: GPL
Signature : DSA/SHA1, Thu 30 Aug 2007 09:25:06 PM EDT, Key ID da84cbd430c9ecf8
Packager    : Fedora Project
URL         : http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects/Mock
Summary     : Builds packages inside chroots
Description :
Mock takes a srpm and builds it in a chroot

--
George Washington was first in war, first in peace -- and the first to
have his birthday juggled to make a long weekend.