Re: figuring out all wireless connections on fedora 6/7

On Fri September 7 2007, Globe Trotter wrote:
> I don't know. Maybe I need some more stuff set up before I can do anything?
> Is there a webpage with a helpfile or manual somewhere? Of course, I should
> google it, haven't done that yet. Will do so, now.

I'd say so. Have you done anything to configure wireless on your machine? You
have to start by figuring out what wireless network hardware your machine
has.

Robert Day from this list posted some useful notes that may help here:
http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/Broadcom_wireless_on_Fedora
If you don't have a broadcom chip, some of his early instrux may help you
figure what you do have.

You may have an unsupported chip in which case you would need to take a look
at ndiswrapper - here's a place to poke around:
http://tinyurl.com/2cqj4r

Karl Larsen has also posted some resources that bear looking at from this
list:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2007-July/msg02881.html

If this is a bit overwhelming, at least run the lspci command discussed in
some of those links and post the results back here and someone will be able
to point you in the right direction
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA