Re: kernel panic

<snip>
> No! Grub was working fine. Booting to the kernel worked fine.
<snip>

Ok, there you go again.  What's with the "!".

The title of this thread - "kernel panic" - tells me that it was not
booting to the kernel (stage 2 boot loader).  So either grub was wrong
(looking at the wrong drive/partition because the settings were from
the old machine), or the kernel that grub was looking for was missing
(which if that was the case the same would have happened on your old
machine seeing it's a clone of it).  You cannot say "Booting to the
kernel worked fine." if you were getting a kernel panic.

> --
>
>         Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
>         Linux User
>         #450462   http://counter.li.org.

Once again, I give up...  I should have learned from the last encounter.

Jacques b.