Re: How to install Thunderbird in linux?

Bo Berglund wrote:
I have just installed Fedora7 on a virtual machine and now I would
like to get my email program on there as well (Thunderbird).
So I went to mozilla and downloaded the Thunderbird install files.
But now what?

I am used to Windows and there usually is a "setup" or "install"
program one executes, but here I have a gz archive that I have
unpacked to a /Thunderbird folder in my home dir. Lots of files and
folders.
But what do I do now?

As you may understand I am completely new to Linux so I could probably
only use GUI tools. Is there a manager for installed programs in
Fedora7?

Bo Berglund

Hi Bo. In the directory you unpacked Thunderbird into there are lots of files but the one you want is the one called thunderbird. You can start it right there by using this call:

   $ ./thunderbird

and it should start and you can make a nicer way to start it.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User