Re: FC7: 1680x1050 screen resolution on thinkpad T61 with Intel 965GM X3100 video chipset.

--- trendle <no-reply-gw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a similar problem with a 1680x1050 lcd monitor and fc7.
>
> I can set the physical screen to the correct size, but cannot see any
> solution for the display size.
>
> However, fwiw... I tried a spare disk and installed the most recent mandriva
> (spring 2007).  It recognised and setup the screen correctly.
>
> So there is no hardware problem for me, and it seems there is no fundamental
> linux issue. Just fedora fc7.
>
> Its a shame to blight a good distro by giving non expert users such grief
> setting up a simple thing as the display.

Agreed! And I have the opensource intel.....which installed perfectly with
xubuntu. Wonder when it will work out of the box with fedora.....

btw, i filed a bug report: no one has assigned it yet, so this is really low
priority, looks like.

i filed it under 915resolution. anything else that would be more apt?

trotter