Re: list of wireless device supported

> > You're welcome.  Be aware ndiswrapper is not guaranteed
> > to work even if it is available.
I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I've got a spare 20 gig HDD that I'll probably throw in my machine and
install F7 on it and try and get it working.  I currently have FC5 on
a 10 gig while XP is on my main drive (seeing it was pre-installed
there I left it there and purposely put Linux on a separate drive).
So I should be able to remove that 10 gig and drop the 20 in and boot
from the F7 install DVD and install to it.  Of course the boot loader
will get changed so I won't be able to just drop the 10 back in and
fire up FC5 off of it without any changes.  I'll either pick up a USB
enclosure from the office to copy my data from it to my new install,
or perhaps spend a few $ and get a Promise PCI card so that I can add
a third HDD.  Actually if I go that route I should probably put the 20
gig there and install F7 while keeping FC5 in the box as well.

> i mostly missed the first part of this discussion but, if you're
> working with a broadcom chipset, i documented what i did to get
> wireless working on a couple gateway laptops of mine here, both under
> F7 and F8-t1:
>
> http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/Broadcom_wireless_on_Fedora
>
> it's not complete, and it certainly doesn't cover things like getting
> encryption working (still fighting with that), but it's a start.  if
> you have more content you'd like to suggest, drop me an email and i
> can add it.
>
> rday
> --
> Robert P. J. Day
> Linux Consulting, Training and Annoying Kernel Pedantry
> Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA
>
> http://crashcourse.ca

Thanks Robert.  Mine is a D-Link DWL-G132 USB wireless card. Not sure
what chipset is in it (but I'm sure I can easily find out).  I use WPA
(wouldn't run wireless with anything less).  So if I can't get WPA to
work on it I'll have to dig around for a wireless PCI card that is
easily supported in F7 instead (for the sake of $30 or so it will
probably be a lot less fussing - but you learn more when you have to
fuss - just have to find the time to fuss...)

Thanks,

Jacques B.