Re: Regd Installation of FC- 6

On Tue, 2007-09-04 at 12:48 +0530, pavan kumar wrote:
> I am trying to dual boot FC -6  on my Windows XP, Intel Core 2 Duo m/c
> with 512 MB Ram ..
> I have 20 GB free Space on Windows XP ...
>
> I got strucked up during Installing Saying
>
> "Unable to Create  Primary Partition (/) .. No Freee space on the
> disk" ...

Is your 20 gigs free space part of the drive partitions you're using
with Windows, or something separate.

If it's part of a current Windows partition, you'd need to shrink the
current partition down (which can be done without destroying data, but
the risk is still there).  Then you'd create new partitions for Linux in
the freed space.

If your free space is really spare drive space, and it's not showing up,
that's another issue to diagnose.

--
(This PC runs FC4, my others FC5 & FC6, in case that's important
 to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.