Re: Market share: Windows vs Linux vs Mac vs ??

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 12:52:17 -0400
Eric <spamsink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Any of you know that the latest breakdown in market share is for general
> personal computer operating systems between Windows, Linux, Macintosh, and ??

I don't think you could get statistics that are even close to accurate.  How
many people download and install Linux on machines that were originally
purchased with Windows licenses?  How many people install Linux on machines
that they build from parts?