Re: No

On Sun, 2007-09-02 at 22:50 -0500, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On 9/2/07, Karl Larsen <k5di@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >     Well I thought with just a couple of times I was writing about
> > Fedora. The latest with dd is clearly a fedora issue.  So I am willing
> > to try and figure out what is expected. I will not do as I see being done.
>

> If you are really interested in writing on Fedora issues, in a
> reusable fashion, there are several fedora centric websites that can
> use your help. Very few people actually search the list for
> information

I thought Les did a mighty fine job of addressing the issue. It was
clear, concise, informative, suitable for archive and non-judgmental.

The last time I ever used dd was to create boot-floppies back in the day
from a disk image. Otherwise, cp does the job of copying files, not dd.
As Les pointed out it copies blocks as opposed to files. The entire
episode was kinda like watching someone using a pipe wrench to put up a
picture frame on the wall. The group just wanted the OP to grab a
hammer.

Live long and prosper. Ric
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar